Airdrop is a feature of Apple’s macOS and iOS operating systems that enables the transfer of files between nearby devices over Wi-Fi Direct. AirDroid is a free and popular alternative to AirDrop that offers many of the same features, including file transfer between devices over a Wi-Fi or cellular connection. AirDroid can be used on Android smartphones and tablets as well as Mac, Linux, and Chrome OS computers. AirDrop was released with the Fall Creators Update of October 2017, and it offers many of the same features as AirDrop on macOS and iOS. In this article, we will discuss how to use AirDrop alternatives on Windows, including how to download and how to use them to transfer files between devices.
AirDrop is unavailable on Windows PC but there are many AirDrop alternatives for Windows offer similar features and functionality. Some popular AirDrop alternatives include Zapya, AirMore, and Dropbox. Whether you need to transfer files between nearby devices using Wi-Fi Direct or share files securely over the cloud with these apps, these AirDrop alternatives will meet your needs. Whether you’re looking for simple data transfer, easy access to your smartphone’s files from a web browser, or reliable cloud storage to back up essential data, AirDrop has plenty of valuable competitors worth considering.
AirDrop Alternatives for Windows
Another popular AirDrop alternative is Zapya, which supports cross-platform file sharing between Android, iOS, Windows, and macOS devices. Unlike AirDrop for Windows 10, Zapya also supports file sharing via Bluetooth connections for older devices that lack Wi-Fi or cellular capabilities.
To download Zapya on Windows:
- Start by visiting the Zapya website and clicking the Download button at the top.
- Select your preferred file-sharing method (Wi-Fi Direct or Bluetooth) and click Continue to download Zapya to your device.
- Once the download is complete, run the installer to install and launch Zapya on your Windows PC or laptop.
Another AirDrop alternative for Windows is AirMore, an online mobile management tool that allows users to access their smartphone’s files from a web browser. AirMore offers many of the same features as AirDrop for Windows 10, including secure file transfer between devices over Wi-Fi or cellular connections.
To download and install AirMore on Windows:
- Start by visiting their website in your web browser.
- Click the Download button to install it onto your PC or laptop computer that you have connected with Wi-Fi access at home (or any other offline location).
- Once this process has finished downloading successfully, run through some simple steps during installation, which will allow for the launching of our program. After all these tasks are completed successfully, there’ll be nothing standing between you – alongside thousands more users worldwide-and total accessibility via cellular data connection alongside online storage space within one single account accessible anywhere.
One of the most popular AirDrop alternatives is Dropbox, a cloud storage and file syncing service that enables users to share files between devices via secure online connections easily.
The easiest way to get started with Dropbox on Windows is by visiting their website and clicking the Download button at the top of the page. The installer will guide you through installing it onto your PC or laptop, after which all that’s left for users are Created folders to make sharing easier between devices like smartphones & tablets! With an account established through installation+logging into existing accounts seamlessly across multiple platforms – files can easily be transferred wirelessly using AirDrop outside of the typical networking range (elevated location).
You can’t download AirDrop on Windows PC, but some apps have similar features. For instance, if you want to wirelessly transfer files from your iPhone and delete them quickly, using FoneTool is one of the best ways!